Teachers wishing to check out library materials without using their personal library card can obtain a Teacher Library Card. A Teacher Library card allows you access to all of the same physical and digital materials, with the following changes:
- 4 week loan period for all bundles with no renewals.
- The maximum number of items you can borrow at any one time is 60.
- The maximum number of items you can request as a book bundle is 30.
- The maximum number of items on one subject is 5.
- The library reserves the right to further limit the number of materials you may borrow on a particular popular subject.
Teachers are responsible for all costs for any lost or damaged materials. It is advised that library materials are for in class use only.
To get a Teacher Library Card, visit the Reader's Advisory Desk at the library. You will need to have documentation showing your current address and proof of employment at a school or daycare.
Book Bundle Service
With a Teacher Library Card, you can checkout your own library materials or, instead, you may request library staff to select materials on a particular theme or subject for you. Requested materials (book bundles) must be requested 5 working days in advance.
Please use the form below to register for a book bundle service. You will be contacted when the book bundle is available for pickup. If you have any questions, please contact the staff at Children's, Youth and Reader's Advisory at 613-968-6731 x 2035.