Teachers wishing to check out library materials without using their personal library card can obtain a Teacher Library Card. A Teacher Library card allows you access to all of the same physical and digital materials, with the following changes:
- 4 week loan period for all bundles with no renewals.
- The maximum number of items you can borrow at any one time is 60.
- The maximum number of items you can request as a book bundle is 30.
- The maximum number of items on one subject is 5.
- The library reserves the right to further limit the number of materials you may borrow on a particular popular subject.
Teachers are responsible for all costs for any lost or damaged materials. It is advised that library materials are for in class use only.
To get a Teacher Library Card, visit the Reader's Advisory Desk at the library. You will need to have documentation showing your current address and proof of employment at a school or daycare.
Book Bundle Service
With a Teacher Library Card, you can checkout your own physical library materials or, instead, you may request materials by a particular theme or subject for library staff to select for you. Requested materials (book bundles) must be requested 5 working days in advance.
Please use the form below to register for a book bundle service. You will be contacted when a book bundle is available for pickup. If you have any questions, please contact the staff at Children's, Youth and Reader's Advisory at 613-968-6731 x 2035.