Giving to Grow - the Parrott Gallery
Collection of Manly MacDonald Oil
Paintings Fundraising Campaign
GIVING TO GROW - WHY?
The generous donation of close to 80 paintings from the John and Bernice Parrott Foundation in 2006 was the foundation of our Manly MacDonald collection.
Now known as the collecting gallery for MacDonald’s paintings, we have begun to receive private donations from across the country.
With your help, we can grow the collection for the enjoyment of our visitors today and long into the future.
GIVING TO GROW - HOW?
*Financial donations—to purchase and maintain additions to the collection
*Gifts of appraised Manly MacDonald works
*Promise for future gifts of Manly MacDonald works through estate planning
THINGS TO KNOW:
*The Belleville Public Library and John M. Parrott Art Gallery is a registered charity
*Tax receipts are available upon request
*Please make cheques payable to Belleville Public Library
GIVING TO GROW - WHO?
A Brief Biography of Manly E. MacDonald
· Born August 15,1889 at Point Anne, Ontario
· Enrolled in Ontario College of Art, 1908
· Also studied in Buffalo and Boston
· Granted a Royal Canadian Travelling Scholarship, 1917
· Elected a member of the Ontario Society of Artists, 1918
· Extensive travel, exhibitions and teaching through his middle years
· Purchased a home at Long Reach, Bay of Quinte, 1956
· Died April 10, 1971