Belleville Public Library is open!
For immediate release - 10 February 2021:
Belleville Public Library and John M. Parrott Art Gallery will reopen to the public on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
We want to provide assurance that our top priority is the safety of our customers and staff. As such, there are strict limits to the number of customers allowed into the building at one time, and face coverings are mandatory for anyone entering the building.
Computer use is limited to 1-hour per day, with physical distancing in place. There is limited study space available for students. There is no lounge furniture, children’s play areas, or iPads available at this time.
Library and Gallery open hours starting February 16:
- Monday - Thursday: 11:00 - 7:00 pm
- Friday - Saturday: 11:00 - 5:00 pm
- Closed Sunday
- Tues., Wed., Fri., and Sat.: 1:00-5:00 pm
- Thursday: 1:00-7:00 pm
- Closed Sunday and Monday
To return items to the library:
- Drop your returns into our external book drops located on the south side (Campbell Street) of the building. The external book drops are available 24/7.
- For the health and safety of our customers and staff all returned material is quarantined for minimum of 72 hours before it is checked in and becomes available.
- While we appreciate donations of gently used books and DVDs, we are not able to accept donations at this time.
- Returns are not accepted at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre until further notice.
We have extensive digital programming options, training courses, movies, eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, picture books, comics, and more that can be accessed 24/7 using our Virtual Branch services on a computer or mobile device.
If you are interested in borrowing physical items like books, DVD movies, and CD audiobooks, you can use our catalogue to search for items and request them (place them on hold). When the items you have requested become available, you will be contacted by the library according to the contact preference on your library card. You will have five (5) business days to pick up your items.
You can also request items by calling the library at 613-968-6731 x 2035 or 2037. You can also email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John M. Parrott Art Gallery:
If you want to visit the Gallery virtually, please explore our website for digital art exhibitions, virtual artist talks, and more. Call 613-968-6731 ext. 2040 for more information.
Friends of the Library (FOL) Book Store:
The FOL book store will reopen on Tuesday, February 16. Please visit here for more information.
Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic: Do Not Come to Pick-up or Return Library material:
- If you have been in close contact with a person who is ill, or has been exposed to COVID-19
- As a precaution, we ask anyone who has traveled outside of the Hastings Prince Edward Public Health region to not visit the library and gallery at this time and for at least 14 days following arrival to the region. If you have returned from travel anywhere outside of Canada, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you are currently feeling ill, experiencing a fever, and/or cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath
We are practicing physical distancing and ask that our customers maintain a 2 meter distance from others. Face coverings are mandatory upon entry into the building.
We encourage residents to regularly check the information being provided by Hastings Prince Edward Public Health.
Thank you for helping keep our community safe!