Belleville Public Library will be open to the public starting on Monday, August 10.
We are busy getting the library building ready to open safely and we want to provide assurance that our top priority is the safety of our customers and staff.
There will be strict limits to the number of customers allowed into the building at one time, and face coverings will be mandatory for anyone entering the building.
Public computer use will be limited to 1-hour per day, with physical distancing in place. There will be no lounge furniture, children’s play areas, iPads, or study space available initially. We hope to bring in more services in the coming weeks. The Library will be loaning out small Chromebook laptops for public use on library property, to help meet the demand for access to technology.
Library open hours starting August 10 (until further notice):
Monday to Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please note: The Parrott Gallery will remain closed to the public until further notice. We will announce the date for the Parrott Gallery to open for Phase 3 soon. Digital programming and exhibitions are available 24/7.
Pickup service available now:
The Library now offers pickup service for physical materials like books and movies. Our customers have been picking up an average of 300 items a day. Customers can request items to borrow through our website or by calling 613-968-6731 ext. 2035, or by emailing email@example.com
After August 10, those customers who do not wish to enter the library to pick up their items may request that items are brought to the door by staff. We may ask you to return at a later time to pick up your items depending on how busy we are.
There are also extensive digital programming options, training courses, movies, eBooks, audiobooks, and more that can be accessed using a computer or mobile device. The Parrott Gallery also has amazing digital art exhibitions posted on our website.
To return items to the library:
- Come to the front door of the library during our temporary hours. Drop your items into our return bins.
- Or drop your returns into our external book drops located on the south side (Campbell Street) of the building. The external book drops are available 24/7.
- For the health and safety of our customers and staff all returned material is quarantined for 72 hours before it is checked in and becomes available.
- While we appreciate donations of gently used books and DVDs, we are not able to accept donations at this time.
- Returns are not accepted at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre until further notice.
- The date for “fine free” will end August 15. So be sure to return any overdue items before that date.
Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic: Do Not Come to Pick-up or Return Library material:
- If you have been in close contact with a person who is ill, or has been exposed to COVID-19
- You have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- You are currently feeling ill, experiencing a fever, and/or cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath
We are practicing physical distancing and ask that our customers maintain a 2 meter distance from others. Face coverings are mandatory upon entry into the building.
We encourage residents to regularly check the information being provided by Hastings Prince Edward Public Health.
Thank you for helping keep our community safe!