What is Flipster?
Flipster provides access to current issues of popular magazines for FREE with your library card. There are unlimited checkouts, no fines, and no holds. Digital copies are released at the same time as the print editions and back issues are available!
How do I access Flipster?
To start you will need the following:
- A valid Belleville Public Library card
- Access to the Internet so you can read the magazines in a web browser
- The Flipster App so you can download and read magazines offline on your mobile device
To read magazines on a computer:
1. To access Flipster click here.
2. You can now search for titles as well as see the latest issues of the magazines that we have in our digital collection. To see what titles are available to view please click here.
3. Click on a magazine cover to open the magazine. Use the menu on the right side of the screen to navigate. Click on All Issues to see the back issues of the magazine.
To read magazines on a mobile device:
1. Download the Flipster – Digital Magazines app on your device.
2. Open the app and select Get Started.
3. Search for Belleville and select Belleville Public Library, Belleville, Ontario.
4. Enter your patron ID (library card number) with no spaces and select Login.
5. After logging in, you are taken to the Explore screen of the Flipster app, which shows the titles we have available for you. You can search for magazines or browse the whole collection. To see which titles our library has click here. Once you find a title you wish to look at, tap Download and the title will appear under My Shelf.
6. Tap the cover to open the magazine. Swipe left or right to flip through the pages.
7. Tap the icon in the upper right-hand corner to see the table of contents with links to every article.
8. Remember to take note of the magazine’s due date if there is one. Some titles expire and will need to be deleted from your device. Note – you can always download the title again.