School Services Brochure
Procedures for class visits
- Class visit bookings may be arranged through our online booking form below or by telephone.
- At least two weeks prior notice is required for bookings
- Book early -- class spaces are limited.
- If your class is unable to attend, please contact us ASAP. Advanced notice is appreciated as another class can then be accommodated in your time slot
Registration for library cards
Your class may get library cards on the day of their visit if you pick up a registration package from the Reader's Services desk. The library needs five working days to process the forms before your visit. Your students can then borrow books on their class visit and return to the library with their families!
What we offer during your visit
- Tour of the whole library including the art gallery
- An introductory presentation about the children's area
- Explain how to get a library card & how to check out books
- Theme program with stories & crafts & activities
- Kids own reading time & eating their own snack or lunch
Library staff would love to visit your class or daycare throughout the school year as time allows. During the visit we will promote our library services and highlight materials in our collection. Please email your enquiries to Jessie Wionzek at email@example.com
School Book Bundle Service
We offer you the opportunity to borrow resources to support classroom learning through our book bundle service. Teachers in local schools can register for this service for free. Once registered, you can submit a request for materials on a certain topic or subject via email. To register for the school book bundle service, please fill out this printable form or fill in the form online. The completed form may be dropped off at the Children's Youth and Reader's desk or it may be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org For details please contact Jane Van Manen at 613-968-6731 #2235.
Online booking form
Please complete the online form below. Submitting the online form does not mean your booking is confirmed. You will be contacted via email. If you have further questions, please contact Jessie Wionzek at email@example.com or phone 613-968-6731 x2235.